Monday, May 17, 2010

One month anniversary!

So can you believe it! I've been here exactly a month!!  And its getting better and better...I hope I didn't just jinx it!  To celebrate I got a bank account (YAY!) and  a phone today... and what makes it sweeter is that I didn't have to pay for the phone...just the pay as you go minutes I added.  LOVE THAT!  There's this really nice pharmacist in my city that totally hooks people up with things they need.  She's like the God Father!
It was Buddha's bday celebration this weekend ...anyways there was a lantern festival and parade for him in Seoul this Sunday...
This weekend was actually really great.  On Friday the other foreign teachers mom came from the US and so the principal invited them....and me along for lunch at some nice restaurant...and the meal was on the house...great food!  I'm finding out that most places here like to sit on the floor...trying to find a way I can do that without ending up with numb feet :)
Later on I met up with a ton of other foreign teachers who live in Anseong too!! and Pyeontaek for a duck dinner.  It was delicious food but again with the sitting on the floor...kinda kills!  After that a few of us headed to Alley Pub for a few drinks after!  Tasted a soju cocktail...v. flavourful.  It was good to meet so many other foreign teachers that I somehow missed on my wandering about town.  It was a great Friday and we made it home by 2:30 am!
Saturday was a nice chill day...cleaned up the box (my home) and went pc bonging (internet cafe). Can't wait til I finally get it at home!  Anyways then I just wandered again exploring my cute little downtown with its Khan el Khalili feel.  I went to the cat cafe and bumped into a south african couple i met the night before and had coffee with them. 
On my way home I noticed the park was having a celebration there fore Buddha so I went to watch and take a few pics. 
The night before (the lanterns light up the park)
Traditional costume - Hanbok

No comments:

Post a Comment