Sunday, March 13, 2011

So...where's the next place I'll go?!

Trying to find a job sucks!  Trying to find a teaching job...sucks more!! Could a market be any more saturated that that of the teaching industry? like did everyone and their mother go to teacher's college? Those are the days that make me miss teaching in Korea.  I had a job there.  I got to practice.  For now I have to resort to checking a teaching website for the meager jobs they decide to post up there.
But thats ok... i knew that finding a teaching job would take forever I heard the stories and warnings...but I do remember wanting to teach in Egypt after Korea.  Of course with everyone in the mideast deciding to have a revolution pretty much takes that region out of the question.
My dream since i've decided I wanted to be a teacher so long ago was to teach abroad, specifically in Africa.  But I wonder, is that a reasonable hope anymore?  I mean, don't I just want to find a job here and just get on with it?  But then I think, well if I get a job over here, does that mean I can never teach in Africa?  I just want one summer or winter to teach in Africa, but I wonder should I do it anymore?
I know what my parents will think, HELL NO! remember how sick you got in Korea?!

So that dream was pushed to the back, and here I am in sauga, volunteering and tutoring, then Marina tells me about someone she knows who is going to Tanzania to teach for 2 years!  Like can I come with?  She ignited that fire in me again.  I just want to go.  I dont care if I get paid or not I just want to teach in Africa.  But I think about the timeline, definitely not this year with Sandys wedding coming up and so on...but when?
ONE DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment