My grandma Awojeny passed away on Friday, March 19th, 2010. It was such a painful week for us and definitely for her. There are no words to fully describe how much I love her. She will truly truly be missed and we are the legacy she left behind. She was funny, spiritual and wise. She had all her wits about her and never forgot anything. I will miss you Tita! She was in my life every step of the way...and always always prayed for me...by name... believe me I've heard it. She is such a special person in all our lives and even though we can't imagine our lives without her I know she is in a much happier place with a new body and no more suffering. Her 5 children, 12 grandchildren and 6 great-grandchildren and everyone tita touched will never ever forget her.
Rest in Peace Tita!♥
I also lost another very special person last January (2009). My other grandma Marie (dad's mom). She was such a wonderful person who always asked about me. I could do no wrong in her eyes. I was very lucky enough to have spent some time with her in Alexandria when I went to Egypt in December 08. She was always optimistic and we spent so much time having heart to hearts and just chatting together, her in her hospital bed and me sitting on another. I knew she was in so much pain and winced every time she was moved but she never complained and she was always dignified. She was sooo funny and always called us bata or ota. She endured a few hardships like losing my grandfather, stroke and losing my uncle and watching my dad get sick and she kept strong for us all. Tita I miss you and I know you will welcome Tita Awojeny with open arms and show her how cool and amazing heaven is.


That was beautiful Diana, you were loved by 2 great women. Keep sharing your memories with all of us.
ReplyDeletewhat a beautiful tribute to two amazing women :)
ReplyDelete