Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Still here

So...wow...haven't written in a while... Can't believe I've been here for 5 months. There are days were it feels like they went slowly and times when it feels like it went by so fast!! yep... so not much has changed in the work front... kids are still the same...English hassn't changed... Abouna came from Sydney, Australia to conduct a mass here in Seoul for all whopping 5 of us.  A few guys from Egypt and me.  That was August 6th or so.  He is due to come back in October...so I might pay the Greek church another visit...only problem is the mass is only in Greek and Korean.  Summer vacation (the whole 2 weeks of it) was great -- Ann and Karen flew ALLLLLL the way from Canada to meet me in Bangkok, Thailand where I enjoyed the best 10 days of this year!! We ended up hanging out in Bangkok for like 3 days, Phuket for 4 and 3 days in Koh Samui.  We did a day trip while in Phuket to Koh Phi Phi, Maya Bay and Monkey Beach.  Trips like this and Kenya remind me that I love nature.
I got soooo burnt and when I came back my students said: Teacher, your face - you are from Africa!
yes kids...i got a tan...get over it... 
Other than that...i've taught myself to crochet...and finished a cat (japanese cute kinda cat) for Lill's baby Noah and I plan on crocheting little dolls for all my cou-nieces and cou-nephews.  I also started Korean lessons - I figure I'm here might as well communicate right!?  Next week we have Cheosuk which is the Korean Thanksgiving which is kinda a big deal so we get the whole week off! Yippee!  I wish I could afford to go to Japan...but I can't so looks like I'm hanging out in Seoul...maybe go shopping (eek!) and to the aquarium (yay!).  I do want to shop shop shop! And ...just found out that gap, old navy and banana republic now deliver to Korea!! Im sooooo happy!! but im sure my bank account will take a hit...

1 comment:

  1. Hi!
    My name is Ashley and I am coming next week to teach at Bi-ryong. I came across your blog in a google search and was wondering if we were going to be working together? If you get a chance (or even want to!), I would love to chat with you! My e-mail is horn.ashley.m@gmail.com. Hope to hear from you soon! ~Ashley~

    ReplyDelete