Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Update!

So the past week has been mind boggling and extremely fun. Tuesday. Feb 2 was the night of the interview with the Korean School (it was two people – I didn’t catch who the first one was but the second person was my coteacher).  The interview went well – they asked what I’d do in certain situations and a little about what I know about Korea and the culture and why I want to teach there.  The interview lasted about 20 minutes or so.  The next morning I found out that I got the job.  I told them I would reply on Friday because I was shocked.  It’s like the thing I wanted to do is finally happening.  I mean...Oh My God...if I accepted I’d be flying literally halfway across the world to teach in two months.  That would mean in April I’d be leaving my friends and my family to a country I’ve never been to with people I don’t know.  I talked it over with my family who had good insight but I knew that if I didn’t do this I would regret it. Friday was the day we were leaving to Windsor for Marise’s shower.  Knowing I’d be out of town I accepted.  On the way to Marise’s bridal shower in Windsor I broke the news to Ann and Karen who made me know I made the right decision. By the time we got there everyone on the trip knew.  It was a great weekend hanging out at Marise's shower and drinking lots of fishbowl drinks, casino-ing (which really I suck so I shouldn't be going) and shopping in Michigan.  Throughout the weekend I'd be doing whatever we were doing and then suddenly I'd remember that I am going to Korea and my heart would beat faster.  I am excited for the next two months and I just hope all the paper work goes through ok without any delays. 
I'll let you know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment